Yard Waste Disposal Guidelines
1. Yard waste includes leaves, grass clippings, woodchips or other easily raked materials. Sticks must be cut in four foot lengths and tied with string. No tree stumps will be accepted.
2. Yard waste must be placed in paper yard waste bags (purchased at local hardware stores and supermarkets) or loose open barrels.
3. No plastic bags or cardboard boxes of any type can be used for yard waste.
4. There are a total of 5 pickups annually - the same day as your trash pickup. Please refer to current years Holiday and Yard waste Calendar for specific weeks.
5. Place yard waste seperately from trash.
6. If you miss the regularly scheduled pickup, with proof of Salem residence and a non-commercial vehicle registered in Salem, you may drop off yard waste at the transfer station on Swampscott Road at no cost during the following hours:Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 4 pm and on Saturday 8:30 am - 11:30 am.