Requirements for obtaining Resident Stickers and/or Visitor Parking Permits:
- A completed Resident Sticker Parking Application
- Driver’s License*
- Vehicle Registration*
- Leased Vehicles: resident must provide a piece of mail from the lease company to the lessee at the qualifying Salem residence.
- Company Vehicles: resident must provide a letter on company letterhead stating the resident has use of the vehicle.
- Utility/household bill or Lease Agreement signed by both parties
- Salem State College Students: In addition to requirements 1 through 4, you must also provide an official stamped letter from the Salem State College Registrar’s Office.
All documents above must be in the same name and address as the qualifying address.
*If your license and/or registration don’t show the qualifying address, you must change your address with the Registry of Motor Vehicles either in person or online at www.mass.gov/rmv. Proof of this change is required: a screen printout from the RMV if you make the change in person, or a printout of the onscreen message showing the successful address change and containing the new address if you make the change online. The email confirmation of this change will not be sufficient.
Stickers: $10.00 each
Visitor Parking Permits: $1.00 each
Fees can be paid with cash, check or money order made payable to the City of Salem.
Map of Resident Sticker Parking Streets (select the "Layers" menu and check the box for "Resident Parking Zones")
HALLOWEEN RESIDENT PARKING PASSES valid October 1st - November 1st
Qualifying streets: (updated October 2017)
Andrew Street | Becket Avenue | Boardman Street | Bridge Street (from Howard St to Webb St) | Briggs Street | Broad Street | Brooks Court | Cross Street (from Saunders St to Lemon St) | Curtis Street | Dalton Parkway | Derby Street (between Turner St and Fort Ave) | Emerton Street | Endicott Street | Essex Street (from Webb St to Hawthorne Blvd) | Forrester Street | Fort Avenue (from Webb St to #59 Fort Ave) | Hathorne Street | Hawthorne Boulevard | Lemon Street | Margin Street (even side) | Milk Street | Mt. Vernon Street | Oliver Street | Parker Court | Peabody Street | Phelps Street | Pickman Street | Pleasant Street | Pleasant Street Avenue | Prescott Street | Spring Street | Summer Street (from Endicott St to Margin St) | Union Street | Washington Square | Webb Street | Webster Street | Winter Street | Winthrop Street
*Please note: Only one hangtag is available per vehicle registered in the City at an address on a designated October resident parking only street. Designated October resident parking only streets are those streets with temporary orange signs that read RESIDENT PARKING ONLY OCTOBER 1 - NOVEMBER 1 TOW ZONE. Hangtags do not extend permission to park on a regular year-round resident only street, which requires a bi-annual resident parking sticker for the zone.
Halloween Resident Parking Passes are available for residents of the streets listed above. Pick up in PERSON at the Collector's Office at Salem City Hall 93 Washington Street Room 4. Hours: Monday-Wednesday 8am-4pm, Thursday 8am-7pm, Friday 8am-12noon OR the Parking Office at 1 New Liberty Street. Hours: Monday-Friday 6:30am-6:30pm. Documentation can also be submitted via EMAIL, FAX or MAIL and the pass will be mailed to you. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 978-745-7195.
- Registration, and:
- Leased vehicles: your license must show a qualifying street address
- Company vehicles: you'll need a letter on company letterhead stating you have use of that vehicle and your license must show a qualifying street address
- SSU students: you'll need an official stamped letter from the Registrar's Office AND a lease showing a qualifying address that is signed by both parties
If your registration (or license) does not show a qualifying street address, you must change your address with the RMV. You can do this online at www.mass.gov/rmv. Proof of this change is required: a printout of the onscreen message showing the successful address change containing the new address. The email confirmation of this change will not be sufficient.