On Thursday, October 5th the annual Haunted Happenings Grand Opening Parade in Salem will begin at 6:30 p.m. rain or shine.
A parking ban will be in effect along the parade route streets beginning at 5:00 p.m. and roads along the route will be closed from 6:00 p.m. until approximately 9:30 p.m.
- Congress Street, from Harbor Street to Derby Street
- Derby Street, from Congress Street to Lafayette Street
- Liberty Street
- Lafayette Street, from Derby Street to Front Street
- Central Street
- Charter Street
- Front Street
- Washington Street, from Church Street to New Derby Street
- Barton Square
- Essex Street, from Barton Square to Hawthorne Boulevard
- Hawthorne Boulevard, from Derby Street to Salem Common
- Washington Square West
- Washington Square South
- New Liberty Street, from Essex Street to the Museum Place Parking Garage
Please be aware that during the parade the only streets open to cross traffic between Beverly and all points in Salem will be Bridge Street, the Sgt. James Ayube Memorial Drive, and the Kernwood Bridge onto Kernwood Street. All traffic crossing Salem will have to pass through the Bridge Street and Washington Street intersection, so anticipate traffic delays and seek alternative routes if possible. Webb Street and Winter Street will provide access to local roads for residents, but access to Essex Street or Derby Street from these roadways will not be possible and through traffic will be turned around and redirected back to Bridge Street.
Access to and from the Museum Place Parking Garage during this period of time will only be possible via Brown Street.
Commuters are encouraged to plan accordingly and seek alternative routes around downtown Salem on Thursday evening.
A complete listing of other planned road closures and no parking areas for the entire month of October can be found at http://www.salem.com/home/news/city-salem-announces-planned-road-closures-october-0.