Please call Dave at 978-745-9430 to check for availability.
Non-refundable deposit: $100, send back with application
Minimum Charge: $400.00 Residents, $450.00 for non-residents, Saturday & Sunday Only.
Proof of insurance (homeowners/renters) due at least 15 days prior to event date.
Please make all checks payable to: City of Salem Park & Recreation
1. Naumkeag Lodge and both women's & men's cabins should be left clean and in good order. The cottage is not for group use.
a. Toilets and sinks should be left clean and in good order
b. All trash and garbage must be bagged and removed from the site. A $100.00 surcharge will be assessed if trash is not removed from property.
c. Cigarettes are to be put out in containers that are placed throughout the Site.
d. SAFETY RULES: Fires (charcoal only) are to be confined to the two fireplaces. For further information, see our Resident Director.
2. All groups must be off the Site as indicated below:
Saturday and Sunday by 8:00pm
3. Use of parking area at the top of the hill is limited to forty (40) vehicles. Only resident sticker parking is allowed on Memorial Drive and others will be towed at owner's expense. The RESPONSIBLE PARTY will see to it that other parking arrangements be made.
4. Groups are asked to keep in mind that Camp Naumkeag is a youth oriented Site, and the RESPONSIBLE PARTY will be expected to oversee the event so that no violations of the state law or local ordinances occur. Any violation will not be tolerated, and the group will not be considered a candidate for renewal.
5. The RESPONSIBLE PARTY must realize that the Site abuts the ocean and there may be parts of the property, which are unimproved, and caution should be exercised to avoid injuries. Any RESPONSIBLE PARTY using any of the facilities, including the beach, does so at his or her own risk. They shall be responsible for the supervision and control of the persons and especially children. The City of Salem assumes no responsibility for supervision or control of persons using any of the facilities including the beach.
6. Capacity of the grounds is limited to 150 people.
7. No dogs are allowed on the premises or in vehicles.
8. Persons causing malicious damage to City of Salem park property shall be held liable for damages.
9. No alcoholic beverages shall be sold anywhere on the premises of City of Salem property. No license shall be applied for or granted authorizing the sale of alcoholic beverages anywhere on the premises of Camp Naumkeag.
The use of dispensing of any alcoholic beverages (beer and wine only) shall occur only provided the RESPONSIBLE PARTY who signs the USE OF FACILITY CONTRACT agrees it will be his or her responsibility to see that all alcoholic consumption is done in a lawful, safe manner, and that parties bring small quantities of alcoholic beverages (beer and wine only) to an event for personal consumption only. The RESPONSIBLE PARTY recognizes his or her serious duty to prevent excess consumption of alcohol, which may lead to injury to members of the party and others. Violation of the terms set forth in the USE OF FACILITY CONTRACT shall be grounds for immediate termination of the right to use the premises of Camp Naumkeag, City of Salem, by the persons or organization to whom permission was granted and their immediate removal from the premises shall be required.
In the event that alcoholic beverages are served on the premises, the RESPONSIBLE PARTY agrees to indemnify and save harmless the City of Salem, and all members thereof against all loss, damage or liability growing out of its failure or default in the observance of and compliance with any and all alws, orders, ordinances and statutes, of the United States, State of Massachusetts, City of Salem, or any of the departments or subdivisions thereof, regulating or prohibiting the sale, or keeping for sale on the premises, of any alcoholic or other intoxicating beverages.
10. The RESPONSIBLE PARTY and the organization he represents assumes all liability for loss, damage or injury, by fire or otherwise, to persons or property, by reason of the condition of the premises, or by reason of the management, control or operation thereof, and releases the City of Salem, its successors and assigns from all claim for such loss, damage or injury sustained by the RESPONSIBLE PARTY or by any agent or employee of the RESPONSIBLE PARTY or of its agents, employees or otherwise; and the RESPONSIBLE PARTY agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Salem, its successors and assigns, against all claims for such loss, damage or injury sustained by the RESPONSIBLE PARTY or by any person whomesoever, whether the same be caused by the negligence of the RESPONSIBLE PARTY or of its officers, agents, employees or otherwise.
11. The RESPONSIBLE PARTY or their designee must remain on site until all guests have left the premises.
12. Any violation of the terms set forth in this contract shall be grounds for immediate termination of the right to use the premisess by the persons or organization to whom permission was granted and their immediate removal from the premises shall be required.