- E-Waste quatertly events 2017.
- Book Swap March 18, 2017.
- Swap-n-Drop May 6, 2017. Flyer in English and Spanish.
- Book Swap September 16, 2017.
- Textile Event November 18, 2017.
- E-Waste quatertly events 2016.
- Book Swap March 19, 2016. Flyer in English and Spanish.
- Swap-n-Drop May 7th, 2016. Flyer in English and Spanish.
- Book Swap September 17, 2016.
- Textile Event November 19th, 2016.
- E-Waste quatertly events 2015.
- Annual Textile Recycling Event, November 21, 2015. Fall is a great time to clean your closets the green way-via the SalemRecycles annual clothing and textiles event. On Saturday, November 21st, SalemRecycles will host the fifth annual textile recycling drive at Riley Plaza parking lot from 8 am - 3 pm. The parking lot is directly across from the Salem Post Office at 2 Margin Street. Just look for a big Goodwill truck. It’s easy, just drive in and drop off your textiles. You will be helped by a group of enthusiastic SalemRecycles volunteers. All dropped off items will be either reused through Goodwill retail stores, or shredded and recycled into other items. So no need to be embarrassed about donating one sock, a sweater with holes, or other items not ready for prime time. Everything that is clean, dry, and odorless will be used.
What can you recycle? Clothing, sneakers, shoes, boots, slippers, belts, ties, purses, pillows, bedding (comforters, sheets, blankets), table linens, stuffed animals and draperies/curtains. Items can be in almost any condition. Moth-eaten, torn, and stained fabrics are reusable. However, they must be clean, dry and odor free to be accepted.
What is not allowed? NO carpets, NO rugs, NO bric-a-brac, NO oil rags, and absolutely NO wet or mildewed items.