Self-guided admission is $8.25 for adults, $6.25 for seniors (60+), $6.25 for veterans, $4.25 for youths (6-14), free for children under 6. AAA members receive $1 off. Guided tours are an additional $2.25. Half-hour tours are offered daily, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., May-November (sometimes until 6 p.m. in October).
Hours and prices subject to change; call for latest information.
This historic site offers public tours and educational programs. It is dedicated to preserving and interpreting the social history and material culture of the 17th century, as well as providing information about the Salem witchcraft trials of 1692 and their connection to the house’s longtime owner, Judge Jonathan Corwin. The Witch House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of Salem’s historic McIntire District, was built between 1642 and 1675. It is the only home in modern Salem with direct ties to the witchcraft trials of 1692.
The Witch House was restored to its 17th-century appearance in 1945 by Historic Salem, Inc., and opened to the public in 1947. Hosts are committed to providing an exemplary program that interprets history, architecture and collections in a relevant, educational and engaging way.
The Witch House is located at 310 Essex St., on the corner of Essex and North streets. For more information, call 978-744-8815, or click here.