The following is a list of links that may be very useful to you:
- The American Printing House for the Blind is an organization located in Louisville, Kentucky and is a great source for braille, personal items and computer aids.
American Printing House for the Blind
1839 Franfurt Avenue
Louisville, Kentucky 40206
- The Massachusetts Office on Disability is one of the Commonwealth's best advocacy organizations for all disabilities.
The Mass Office on Disability
1 Ashburton Place, Suite 1305
Boston, MA 02108
- The Massachusetts Architectural Access Board provides all the information on A.D.A. rules and regulations one could ever need and much more.
- The Massachusetts Commission for the Blind provides information on blindness, mobility training and a wide variety of assistance to those who are newly blind. Also, this is where you would obtain a certificate of blindness. This organization also works in partnership with legally blind individuals to reach their goals of independence and participation in their respective communities.
The Mass. Commission for the Blind
48 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116
- The Independent Living Center of the North Shore creates and provides a monthly newsletter packed with the latest info!!! There are many links to great sources of information for people living with disabilities. Also, this organization provides a helping hand on handicap advocacy.
The Independent Living Center of the North Shore
27 Congress Street, Suite 107
Salem, MA 01970
- The Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
150 Mount Vernon Street, Suite 550
Boston, MA 02125