MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
The Community Preservation Committee will be holding a Public Meeting on
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 6:00 P.M.
via remote participation with instructions posted to www.salem.com
in accordance Governor Baker’s Emergency Order dated March 12, 2020.
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20,and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the City of Salem Community Preservation Committee will be conducted via remote participation using the platform Zoom. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the city’s website, at www.salem.com/home/news/zoom-teleconferencing-tool. No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so despite best efforts, we will post on the city’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch, listen or provide comment during the meeting may do so in the following manner:
- To use the website link, click here
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84154936809?pwd=NXQ0b1lWOHhPWDl2SWxFWFVIOWV4UT09 or copy it into your web browser to join the meeting; or
- Go to the website link https://zoom.us/join and enter Webinar ID # 841-5493-6809 and enter Password 393537; or
- Dial the toll-free phone number 877-853-5257. When prompted, enter Webinar ID # 841-5493-6809, followed by the meeting password 393537, if directed. Those only dialing in will not have access to the direct video feed of the meeting.
Providing Public Comment During the Meeting:
Members of the public attending this meeting virtually will be allowed to make comments, if they wish to do so, during the portion of the meeting designated for public comment at the beginning of the agenda. During portions of the meeting in which public comment is permitted, members of the public who have “raised their hand” in Zoom will be unmuted and called on to offer comment. In order to raise a hand, members of the public using the Zoom computer or phone application may click the “Raise Hand” button; members of the public dialing in may press the star key followed by the number nine (*9), to raise their hand to speak. Attendees will be called on by their screenname or the last 3 digits of their telephone number. When called on, the moderator will ask the attendee to unmute their device and provide their full name, address and comment for the record.
We encourage members of the public to install and familiarize themselves with Zoom in advance of the meeting. If you plan on providing public comment and are logging into this meeting via the Zoom application, please test your speakers and microphone ahead of time. If we have trouble hearing you when you speak, we will move on to the next person and try to return to you later in the list. If this happens, we recommend that you call the toll-free number to access the meeting and provide your comment.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this challenging situation for our community and the world.
- Public Comment
- Development of FY20 Funding Recommendations (There will be no public comment during actual review of applications unless applicant is specifically called upon.)
- Board of the Salem Council on Aging – Transitional Rental Assistance
- NSCAP – Emergency Rental Assistance
- City of Salem/Health – Mack Park Food Farm
- NSCDC – New Point Acquisitions
- City of Salem/DPCD – Renovation of Palmer Cove Park
- Salem Community Gardens – Renovations at Splaine & Pickman Community Gardens
- City of Salem/Park & Rec. – Charles R. Curtis Memorial Park Redesign
- Brookhouse Home – Brick Repointing Project, Phase 2
- NSCDC – Lafayette Housing II Limited Partnership
- City of Salem/Fire – Historic Fire Station Envelope Rehabilitation
- Salem Housing Authority – Phillips House Restoration
- City of Salem/Park & Rec. – Forest River Pool, Bathhouse & Associated Facilities Design & Permitting – Bond Request
- City of Salem/Park & Rec. – Willows Restoration Phase 1 – Bond Request
- Salem Public Library – Restoration of Poseidon Fountain
- City of Salem/Park & Rec. – Phase II Golf Cart Path Renovation
- Other Business
- Next meeting(s):
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020 (if needed)
May 20, 2020 Jane A. Guy
Persons requiring auxiliary aids and services for effective communication such as sign language interpreter, an assistive listening device, or print material in digital format or a reasonable modification in programs, services, policies, or activities, may contact the City of Salem ADA Coordinator as soon as possible and no less than 2 business days before the meeting, program, or event.
Know Your Rights Under the Open Meeting Law, M.G.L. c. 30A §18-25, and
City Ordinance Sections 2-2028 through 2-2033