Design Review Board
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
The Design Review Board will be holding a Public Meeting on Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 6:00 pm via remote participation with instructions posted to www.salem.com in accordance with Chapter 40A of the Massachusetts General Laws and Governor Baker’s Emergency Order dated March 12, 2020.
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this public meeting of the Salem Redevelopment Authority is being conducted via remote participation. No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but the public can listen and or view this meeting while in progress via the remote participation platform Zoom, through any one of the following ways:
- Go to the website link: May 27, 2020 DRB Meeting or
- Go to the website link www.zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID # 933-9085-0248 and Password 373543, or
- Dial toll-free phone number 877-853-5257. When prompted enter meeting ID # 933-9085-0248 and Password 373543. Those only dialing in will not have access to the direct video feed of the meeting but can follow along with the project materials available for download, click here.
Members of the public attending this meeting virtually will be allowed to make comments if they wish to do so, during the portion of the meeting designated for public comment. The Chair of the Board, with the assistance of City Staff, will acknowledge all participants in the Zoom meeting who would like to speak. Members of the public will alternatively have an opportunity to fill out a form with their public comment at: Design Review Board Public Comment Form. All written comments received through this submission form prior to the close of public comment, will be read aloud and entered into the record.
Additional, specific information and general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the City of Salem website, at Zoom Participation Tool FAQ.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this challenging situation for our community and the world.
Paul Durand, Chair
J. Michael Sullivan
- 30 Church Street: Hive & Forge Wall Sign, request to withdraw without prejudice
- 73 Lafayette Street: North Shore Bank Signage, revised plans not submitted
- 193 Washington Street: East Boston Savings Bank Signage, continued from 4/22/20
- 72 Flint Street: Halstead Salem Station Apartments Sign, continued from 4/22/20
Projects in the Urban Renewal Area
- 15 Crombie Street: Small Project Review – Replacement of rotting column on rear porch of 3-unit residential structure. Revised plans not submitted.
- 14 New Derby Street: Review of proposed façade modifications, continued from 4/22/20
- 30 Federal Street: Development Project Review – construction of a mixed-use addition with retail space, four residential units, and six parking spaces, continued from 4/22/20.
- 65 Washington Street: Review of 100% Construction Drawings. Revised plans not submitted, continued from 4/22/20
- 32 Church Street: Small Project Review – Addition of skylights and dormer
Entrance Corridor Projects
- 602 Loring Avenue: Advisory design review of new three-story apartment building with 20 residential units and associated site improvements
- Highland Avenue, Barnes, and Cedar Road Apartments: Advisory design review of residential development and associated site improvements
- Approval of Minutes:
- February 26, 2020
- April 22, 2020
- Staff Updates
- SRA: June 10
- DRB: June 24
Know your rights under the Open Meeting Law M.G.L. c. 30A §18-25 and City Ordinance Sections 2-028 through 2-2033.
Persons requiring auxiliary aids and services for effective communication such as sign language interpreter, an assistive listening device, or print material in digital format or a reasonable modification in programs, services, policies, or activities, may contact the City of Salem ADA Coordinator as soon as possible and no less than 2 business days before the meeting, program, or event.