NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
In light of public health concerns arising from the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic and the State of Emergency declared by the Governor, the City of Salem, is asking all individuals who meet any of the following criteria to not enter any City building. Please be aware that City buildings are currently closed to the public.
These criteria include the following:
- Persons exhibiting any flu like symptoms, including fever, runny nose and severe cough
- Persons who have been diagnosed with or have had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus.
- Persons with apparent symptoms of coronavirus, such as fever, severe cough, or shortness of breath.
- Persons who have been asked to self-quarantine by any doctor, hospital, board of health, or other medical provider, or health agency, or who reside with anyone who has been asked to self-quarantine.
- Persons who have traveled to any country designated as a level 3 country by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) within the last fourteen (14) days: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html
- Persons who reside or have had close contact with someone who has traveled to any of the designated level 3 countries within the last fourteen days.
People who think they may have been exposed to coronavirus are urged to contact their healthcare provider immediately.