NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
Public Art Commission
Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 6:30 pm
Meeting will be held via Remote Participation
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20,and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Salem Public Art Commission will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the city’s website, at www.salem.com. No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the city’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
Remote Participation Instructions:
Public participation for the Salem Public Art Commission meeting scheduled for Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 6:30pm will be conducted via a free remote participation platform called Zoom.
The City of Salem strongly encourages any parties who wish to participate in this meeting to download and familiarize themselves with Zoom prior to the meeting.
For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch, listen or provide comment during the meeting may do so using one of the following methods:
- Video & Audio Option 1: Follow this link or enter it into your web browser to join the meeting:
- Video & Audio Option 2: Follow this link or enter it into your web browser to open the Zoom website at https://zoom.us/join or open your Zoom Ap on your smart device. Then enter the Meeting ID# 848 2315 5310 as directed on the webpage and click “Join”. Follow the on-screen instructions to join the meeting. Meeting Password is SalemArts.
- Audio ONLY – Dial 888-475-4499 (or 877-853-5257 if trouble connecting, both are Toll Free) to join the meeting using your phone. When prompted, enter Meeting ID# 848 2315 5310 and follow the instructions to join the meeting. Meeting Password is SalemArts.
Public Comment Protocol:
Members of the public who wish to address the Commission or make a comment my do so only when called upon during the open public comment portion of the meeting. When the time comes, the Commission Chair or Staff Member will announce that the floor is now open for public comment.
If accessing the meeting using a computer or other smart device and you wish to make a comment, please utilize the “Raise Hand” feature that can be found next to your name on the screen and ‘raise your hand’ then wait to be called upon for comment. Please make sure to remember to turn your microphone on and unmute yourself before raising your hand.
Those participating by dialing in from their phones my also utilize the “Raise Hand’ feature of this platform by pressing “ *9 ” on your key pad.
More detailed instructions for asking questions and other meeting protocols are available at www.salem.com/public-art-commission and will be reviewed at the start of the meeting.
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
- Roll Call
- Meeting Minute Approvals
- February 18, 2020
- February 27, 2020 – Special Meeting
- April 7, 2020
- April 28, 2020 – Special Meeting
- Salem Arts Festival Mural Slam Update
- Art Spring Initiative Update
- Mural for Artists’ Row Status Update
- Other Business
- Public Comments