Salem Redevelopment Authority
Wednesday, January 12, 2022 – 6:00 pm
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Salem Redevelopment Authority will be held on Wednesday, January 12, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. via remote participation in accordance with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021.
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but the public can listen and or view this meeting while in progress via the remote participation platform Zoom, through any one of the following ways:
- Go to the website link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88478114235?pwd=amlLTXVFQ3JUYlRuR2hxaVl1U3BFUT09 or
- Go to the website link https://www.zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID 884 7811 4235 and passcode 605645, or
- Dial toll-free phone number 877-853-5257. When prompted enter meeting ID 884 7811 4235. Those only dialing in will not have access to the direct video feed of the meeting but can follow along with the project materials available for download at: SRA Meeting Materials.
Members of the public attending this meeting virtually will be allowed to make comments if they wish to do so, during the portion of the meeting designated for public comment. If you would like to make a comment, please use the ‘Raise Hand’ feature; if you are dialing in, please press *9 to raise your hand. The Chair of the Authority, with the assistance of City Staff, will provide all participants who have raised their hands an opportunity to speak.
Additional, specific information and general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the City of Salem website, at Zoom Participation Tool FAQ.
Executive Director’s Report
Projects in the Urban Renewal Area
- 73 Lafayette Street and 9 Peabody Street: Schematic Design Review – Demolition of existing building at 73 Lafayette Street and construction of new, mixed-use structure with 35,000 square feet for the North Shore Health Center, pharmacy, and urgent care facility and for income-restricted senior housing residential units. Construction of a new mixed-use structure on 9 Peabody Street with income-restricted senior housing residential units, commercial and gallery space, continued from 12/8/21. Request to continue to February 9, 2022.
- Redevelopment of the Historic Courthouses and the Crescent Lot: Update on Project Status
- Fiscal Year 2022 Goals
- SRA Financials
Approval of Minutes
- December 8, 2021
- Regular Meeting Minutes
- Annual Meeting Minutes
- DRB: January 26
- SRA: February 9
Adjournment of Regular Meeting
Know your rights under the Open Meeting Law M.G.L. c. 39 §23B and City Ordinance Sections 2-028 through 2-2033.
Persons requiring auxiliary aids and services for effective communication such as sign language interpreter, an assistive listening device, or print material in digital format or a reasonable modification in programs, services, policies, or activities, may contact the City of Salem ADA Coordinator as soon as possible and no less than 2 business days before the meeting, program, or event.