Scholarship & Education Committee
Monday, May 10, 2021
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Salem Scholarship & Education Committee will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the city’s website, at www.salem.com.
For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch, listen or provide comment during the meeting may do so in the following manner:
- Follow this link or enter it into your browser to join the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88178893460?pwd=YkF0b0tlRWczOTlCc2FBYmNIUlRwdz09
- Follow this link or enter it into your web browser to open the Zoom website at https://zoom.us/join. Enter meeting ID 881 7889 3460 directed on the webpage and click “Join”. Follow the on-screen instructions to join the meeting. Enter password 423174.
- Participants can dial the toll-free phone number 877-853-5257 to join the meeting. When prompted, enter meeting ID 881 7889 3460 and the follow the instructions to join the meeting. Password is 423174.
If any public comment is permitted, members of the public who have “raised their hand” in Zoom will be called on by the chair to offer comment. In order to raise a hand, member of the public using the Zoom computer or phone application may click the “Raise Hand” button; members of the public dialing in may press “*9” to raise their hand to speak.
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the city’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
- Call to Order
- Approval of April 12, 2021 minutes and April 28, 2021 special meeting minutes
- Financial update
- Old business
- Fundraising updates
- New business
- Review of Scholarship Fund applications
- Review of Education Fund grant applications
Next meeting Monday, June 14th, 6:30 p.m.
Know your rights under the Open Meeting Law M.G.L. c. 30A §§18-25 and City Ordinance Sections 2-2028 through 2-2033. Persons requiring auxiliary aids and services for effective communication such as sign language interpreter, an assistive listening device, or print material in digital format or a reasonable modification in programs, services, policies, or activities, may contact the City of Salem ADA Coordinator as soon as possible and no less than 2 business days before the meeting, program, or event.