NOTICE OF MEETING
Thursday, February 25, 2021 @ 6:00PM
Notice: Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20 and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Traffic and Parking Commission will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the city’s website, at www.salem.com. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch, listen or provide comment during the meeting may do so in the following manner:
- Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82505572638?pwd=ZUd4S2lpTmlaZFVBOWtEY3pybnZvdz09
- Or Toll-Free Telephone: US: 877 853 5257, 888 475 4499, 833 548 0276, or 833 548 0282 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 825 0557 2638
- Or go to the website link www.zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID# 825 0557 2638. The password is 664570.
Members of the public attending this meeting virtually will be allowed to make comments if they wish to do so. The Commission Chair, with the assistance of City Staff, will provide all participants in the Zoom meeting an opportunity to speak and indicate whether they would like to provide public comment. If you wish to speak, use the “raise hand” function on Zoom or dial-in participants may press *9 on their phone when directed to do so.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Zoom can be found here:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the city’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
- ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (15 min. period of no more than 3 min. per person*)
- NEW/OLD BUSINESS (Each item limited to 3 min. per person*)
- North Street Corridor Proposed Upgrades: Toole Design Group and City staff will present the proposed preferred concept plan for upgrades to the North Street Corridor.
- OTHER BUSINESS THAT MAY BE LEGALLY BEFORE THE TRAFFIC & PARKING COMMISSION AND BICYCLING ADVISOTY COMMITTEE
*Per person comment period may be longer per the Chair’s discretion
Persons requiring auxiliary aids and services for effective communication such as a sign
language interpreter, an assistive listening device, or print material in a digital format or a
reasonable modification in programs, services, policies, or activities, may contact the City of
Salem ADA Coordinator as soon as possible and no less than 2 business days before the
meeting, program, or event.
Know your rights under the Open Meeting Law, Massachusetts General Law Chapter 30A Sections 18-25 and City Ordinance Sections 2-2028 through 2-2033