City Of Salem Snow Emergency Neighborhood Parking Locations
Click here for an interactive Snow Emergency Parking Map which details locations, rates and number of spots available.
Below is the listing of Snow Emergency neighborhood parking locations that may be of assistance during snowstorms:
- Museum Place Parking Garage*
- South Harbor Garage*
*Please Note: Regular parking rates will apply until the Snow Emergency goes into effect. During a snow emergency, parking in the city garages is $5.00/24 hours or any fraction thereof. Vehicles should be removed from the garage by the close of business the day the snow emergency concludes. Vehicles left in the garage after that time will begin to accrue charges at the regular hourly parking rate.
- Forest River Park
- Gallows Hill Lower Lot
- Mack Park
- Broad Street Playground (This is not the Council on Aging Parking Lot)
- Castle Hill Playground
- Salem Willows Park
- Bentley School Lot
- Saltonstall School - Designated Parking Area on Salem Street
- Collins Middle School - Jackson Street Parking Area
- Carlton School Parking Lot
- Witchcraft Heights School Parking Lot
- Bates School Parking Lot
- Blaney Street Parking Lot
- Salem State College - O'Keefe Center Parking Lot*
*A permit is required (on a first-come first-serve basis) and can be obtained at the College's Public Safety Office. Please call 978-542-7341 or 978-954-6511 for further details.
- The Church Street (pay by plate) and Universal Steel Bridge Street (pay and display) lots are NOT snow emergency lots.
Parking in Riley Plaza is by permit only. Permit fee is $25 per month and can be obtained at the Parking Department Office. Please call 978-745-8120 for more information.
All other municipal lots are for snow emergency use. Metered rates will apply at the end time of the snow emergency.
Other than the Garages, the above snow emergency locations offer free parking.
All vehicles must be removed from the aboved listed public, private and school parking lots immediately following the cancellation for the snow emergency (weekends included) or vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense.
Snow Emergencies are denoted by the flashing blue lights on streetlights, Salem.com SATV, SAIL and CodeRED alerts.