To pre-register for a vaccine appointment at one of the state's Mass Vax clinics - including the Doubletree site in Danvers - visit https://vaccinesignup.mass.gov/. Note, this does not apply for phamarcy and healthcare provider clinics, only the state's Mass Vax clinics. Links to other clinic options in the Salem region are below.
Scroll down further for additional links to find other vaccination clinic sites, details and information about the COVID-19 vaccine, and much more.
The Witchometer graphic to the right shows what percent of Salem residents have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to date.
- Commonwealth's vaccine appointment pre-registration system for Mass Vax clinics: https://vaccinesignup.mass.gov/.
- CDC's vaccine locator website (currently showing pharmacy clinic availability for Massachusetts): https://vaccinefinder.org/search/
- Commonwealth's vaccine appointment finder (not pre-registration for Mass Vax clinics): https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/
- Volunteer-developed website identifying vaccine availability at Massachusetts clinic sites: www.vaccinatema.com
- Volunteer-developed Twitter feed that automatically posts when new vaccine appointments become available at Massachusetts clinic sites: www.twitter.com/vaccinetime
- Volunteer-run Massachusetts COVID Vaccination Help: https://macovidvaxhelp.com
- Mass General Brigham/North Shore Medical Center/North Shore Physicians Group vaccine information: www.massgeneralbrigham.org/covid19/vaccine
Salem seniors with questions regarding vaccine sites in Salem and surrounding communities can call the Council on Aging at 978-744-0924. Please note, the Council on Aging and the Mayor Jean Levesque Community Life Center is not a vaccination site. However, if you are unable to go online and register or receive help doing so, call the Council on Aging for registration assistance. This is not a guarantee that we will be able to get you an immediate appointment, but will make every effort to assist you.
Qualifying Salem veterans may be able to receive the vaccine directly through the VA. For assistance, please call the Salem Veterans Service Office at (978) 745-0883.
Salem Together is providing a taxicab voucher program for residents who lack transportation access to their scheduled vaccine appointment. Vouchers are intended only for those residents for whom transportation is a true hardship and they are only available to Salem residents. Vouchers may be used to travel between a Salem address and any clinic located in Essex County or between Salem and Boston, including in Boston. To apply for a voucher, send an email with your name, Salem address, and the date/time/location of your appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Taxi Voucher” in the subject line or call 978-619-5612 and leave a voicemail with the same information and your telephone number.
How many Salem residents have been vaccinated so far?: 24,739 have at least their first shot (as of 5/17/21)