Salem Cultural Council
Monday, October 25, 2021, 7:00 pm
Held via Remote Participation
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20,and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Salem Public Art Commission will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the city’s website, at www.salem.com. No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the city’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
Remote Participation Instructions:
Public participation for the Salem Cultural Council meeting scheduled for Monday, October 25, 2021, at 7:00pm will be conducted via a free remote participation platform called Zoom.
The City of Salem strongly encourages any parties who wish to participate in this meeting to download and familiarize themselves with Zoom prior to the meeting.
For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch, listen or provide comment during the meeting may do so using one of the following methods:
- Video & Audio Option 1: Follow this link or enter it into your web browser to join the meeting:
- Video & Audio Option 2: Follow this link or enter it into your web browser to open the Zoom website at https://zoom.us/join or open your Zoom Ap on your smart device. Then enter the Meeting ID# 843 0349 1855 as directed on the webpage and click “Join”. Follow the on-screen instructions to join the meeting. Meeting Password is SalemArts.
- Audio ONLY – Dial 888-475-4499 (or 877-853-5257 if trouble connecting, both are Toll Free) to join the meeting using your phone. When prompted, enter Meeting ID# 843 0349 1855 and follow the instructions to join the meeting. Meeting Password is SalemArts.
Public Comment Protocol:
Members of the public who wish to address the Commission or make a comment may do so only when called upon during the open public comment portion of the meeting. When the time comes, the Commission Chair or Staff Member will announce that the floor is now open for public comment.
If accessing the meeting using a computer or other smart device and you wish to make a comment, please utilize the “Raise Hand” feature that can be found next to your name on the screen and ‘raise your hand’ then wait to be called upon for comment. Please make sure to remember to turn your microphone on and unmute yourself before raising your hand.
Those participating by dialing in from their phones my also utilize the “Raise Hand’ feature of this platform by pressing “*9” on your keypad.
More detailed instructions for asking questions and other meeting protocols are available at https://www.salem.com/salem-cultural-council and will be reviewed at the start of the meeting.
Monday, October 25, 2021
- Roll Call
- Prior meeting minutes vote
- Update on SmartSimple
- Update on Applications
- Promoting the Application During the Extension Period
- Joint Meeting with Salem Public Arts Commission on 11/16 at 6:30 PM
- Any Additional Business
John Dobroski, Council Chair
Julie Barry, Council Staff Representative; Senior Planner of Arts & Culture
Persons requiring auxiliary aids and services for effective communication such as sign language interpreter, an assistive listening device, or print material in digital format or a reasonable modification in programs, services, policies, or activities, may contact the City of Salem ADA Coordinator, as soon as possible and no less than 2 business days before the meeting, program, or event.
Know your rights under the Open Meeting Law M.G.L. c. 30A § 18-25 and
City Ordinance § 2-2028 through § 2-2033.