MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
The Community Preservation Committee will be holding a Public Meeting on
Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 6:00 P.M.
via remote participation with instructions posted to www.salem.com
in accordance Governor Baker’s Emergency Order dated March 12, 2020.
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the City of Salem Community Preservation Committee will be conducted via remote participation using the platform Zoom. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the city’s website, at www.salem.com/home/news/zoom-teleconferencing-tool. No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so despite best efforts, we will post on the city’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch, listen or provide comment during the meeting may do so in the following manner:
- To use the website link, click here
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89402820909?pwd=dUR0Y00yMzc4Y0RyM1IyMzduL0dkQT09 or copy it into your web browser to join the meeting; or
- Go to the website link https://zoom.us/join and enter Webinar ID #894 0282 0909 and enter Password 692156; or
- Dial the toll-free phone number 877-853-5257. When prompted, enter Webinar ID #894 0282 0909, followed by the meeting password 692156, if directed. Those only dialing in will not have access to the direct video feed of the meeting.
Providing Public Comment During the Meeting:
Members of the public attending this meeting virtually will be allowed to make comments, if they wish to do so, during the portion of the meeting designated for public comment. During portions of the meeting in which public comment is permitted, members of the public who have “raised their hand” in Zoom will be unmuted and called on to offer comment. In order to raise a hand, members of the public using the Zoom computer or phone application may click the “Raise Hand” button; members of the public dialing in may press the star key followed by the number nine (*9), to raise their hand to speak. Attendees will be called on by their screenname or the last 3 digits of their telephone number. When called on, the moderator will ask the attendee to unmute their device and provide their full name, address and comment for the record.
We encourage members of the public to install and familiarize themselves with Zoom in advance of the meeting. If you plan on providing public comment and are logging into this meeting via the Zoom application, please test your speakers and microphone ahead of time. If we have trouble hearing you when you speak, we will move on to the next person and try to return to you later in the list. If this happens, we recommend that you call the toll-free number to access the meeting and provide your comment.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this challenging situation for our community and the world.
- Public Comment
- Review and Vote on Determination of Eligibility Applications received:
- City of Salem, Park & Recreation Dept. - New Pioneer Village 2026, 85 Memorial Drive
- Essex Heritage - The Oil House at Bakers Island Light Station, Bakers Island
- Woman’s Friend Society – Window Restoration at Emmerton House, 12 Hawthorne Blvd.
- Salem Athenaeum – Rehabilitating and Restoring the Historic Salem Athenaeum, 337 Essex Street
- 5 Broad Street LLC – 5 Broad Street Residences, 5 Broad Street
House of the Seven Gables Settlement Association – House of the Seven Gables Campus Fire Protection Installation, 115 Derby Street
- Other Business
- Approval of minutes of 12/8/20
- Funding Availability Update – No change
- Next Regular meeting: February 9, 2021, 6:00pm (tentative)
January 5, 2021 Jane A. Guy, CPA Administrator
Persons requiring auxiliary aids and services for effective communication such as sign language interpreter, an assistive listening device, or print material in digital format or a reasonable modification in programs, services, policies, or activities, may contact the City of Salem ADA Coordinator as soon as possible and no less than 2 business days before the meeting, program, or event.
Know Your Rights Under the Open Meeting Law, M.G.L. c. 30A §18-25, and
City Ordinance Sections 2-2028 through 2-2033